Frequently Asked Questions
- What is The Santa Video?
- TheSantaVideo.com allows parents to create a fun, high quality, video of Santa Claus visiting their very own home. Utilizing green screen technology, users upload a picture from their home, select a Santa Claus scenario, and let our software superimpose Santa Claus right into your living room! You can then visit your streaming video online or download an HD copy to burn to dvd, edit, or add to youtube. In all, our users receive both a streaming link, as well as a 360p MPEG video available via high speed download. Our system utilizes extremely fast video servers to ensure the highest of quality on Christmas Morning.
- Privacy & Your Email
- Foremost, we are a family run business, with family values. We will never share your information. During checkout, we require your email address in order to send your final videos as well as a receipt of purchase. In the event you have lost your video, we will cross reference your email to resend your videos. During the Holiday season we may send special offers to our previous customers of which you may easily unsubscribe from receiving.
- How does it work?
- Upload Your Picture (Upload multiples for testing!)
- Choose a Video From our Collection of Scenarios
- Add a song to your video, Choose from a handful of Classics!
- Finish & Share by embedding your video on your own website
or blog, or twitter, facebook, email etc. Once you have finalized your
video, you will no longer be able to make edits. You will
receive your own private link that will contain your video.
- What can I use the video for?
Sky is the limit, Most common uses are:
- Proof to Children that Santa Visited
- Create an Online Christmas Card
- Create fun and Unique Invitations
- Silly Jokes and Pranks
- What kind of picture do I need?
- Supported Image Formats: .gif .png .jpg .jpeg
- Image must be taken Landscape Style (lengthwise)
- Upload File Size Limit = 10mb
Our software prefers landscape images, so vertical images will be recropped by our software and may look funny. The This is where you need to be creative. We have done our best to use generic wrapping papers, normal milk glasses and your ordinary chocolate chip cookies. This is so you can recreate the scenario perfectly incase your kids are extra sharp! Open areas work best, a picture on Christmas Eve or while your tree is up is extra special. Try not to use photos that have obstructions in the foreground, such as a couch blocking the front of the shot. Santa needs area to move around, so keep that in mind when you are taking your photo.
- How much does a video cost and what do I get?
- TheSantaVideo is the only premier santa video creation service on the web, charging a one time fee of only $14.95 per custom video. Our testimonials and family responses throughout the years suggest this is a small price for the happiness and joy we have brought to many children on Christmas morning. After you have created and purchased your video, you will receive a link to stream it live on the web. As a brand new service you will also receive a downloadble High Quality version of your video that you can burn to DVD, share, or edit using MovieMaker or similar software. Your video can be effortlessly shared on facebook, twitter, youtube, email, and more.
- The Software Closed while I was creating my video, now what?
- Please reload the page and try again. TheSantaVideo stores your pictures so that you can leave our site and come back to start up where you left off. If you should have further issues, we would be happy to help, please just submit a support ticket for the fastest response time.
- We don't have a video camera, so what do we tell the kids?
- It is plain and simple, the elves took the footage, they brought along their cameras and everything!